A. Nine Energy Lawsuit: Unpaid Wage Claim Basics
The Siegel Law Group PLLC and Lee & Braziel, LLP have filed a federal overtime lawsuit against Nine Energy Service, LLC and Peak Pressure Control, LLC (collectively, “Nine Energy”). The Law Firms filed the lawsuit on behalf of current and former pressure control operators who Nine Energy paid on a salary-plus bonus basis, but no overtime who worked for Nine Energy at any time over the past three (3) years. Find the Amended Complaint outlining the specific claims against Nine Energy in the lawsuit here.
We Represent Oilfield Workers in Unpaid Wage Lawsuits Against These Companies
American Casing, Archer Wireline, Bayou Well Services, Butch’s Rat Hole, Bull Rogers, Byrd Oilfield Services, Cade Drilling, Cosi Casing, DC Power Tong, Double D Tong, Gabes Casing, Lewis Casing, Nine Energy, Noble Casing, Rocky Mountain Casing, Schlumberger, Smith Casing, Titan Casing, Wyoming Casing, & XTO.
Click the links above to learn more about these unpaid wage lawsuits.
B. Background: Nine Energy and Its Subsidiaries
Nine Energy provides cementing, completion and wireline services throughout North America. The company employs oilfield workers through all of the following subsidiaries:
- CDK Perforating, LLC (CDK): This Nine Energy subsidiary offers wireline services for clients in Texas, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Eastern Ohio, Southern Ohio, Southern New York and Pennsylvania.
- Northern States Completions (NSC): Nine Energy claims that this subsidiary “is known as one of the most dynamic companies unconventional completions.” NSC’s principle office is in North Dakota.
- Crest Pumping Technologies (CPT): This Nine Energy claims this that provides “specialized cementing services provider that offers significant expertise and high-end equipment to perform horizontal cementing jobs in the Permian, Eagle Ford and Barnett Shales.
- Dak-Tana Wireline is “a wireline services company known as the Pipe Recovery Experts” in the Bakken Shale [that] offers electric line cased hole logging, pipe recovery and plug setting services out of North Dakota and Montana.
- Peak Pressure Control is an imperative part of Nine Energy’s oilfield services and “is an established pressure control services company in the Permian Basin with operations out of Midland, Texas and Bryan, Texas.”
C. Nine Energy Lawsuit: Eligibility
We believe all Engineers paid on a salary basis are eligible to join the Nine Energy Lawsuit if they worked for Nine Energy over the past three (3) years. We encourage all Engineers employed over the past three years to contact us to aid with our investigation of this Lawsuit.
Your help will allow us to bolster our client’s allegations and help to strengthen the claims of all individuals who elect to join the Nine Energy Lawsuit.
D. Nine Energy Lawsuit: Potential Stakes Involved
Federal wage law permits eligible current and former employees to potentially recover double the amount of their unpaid overtime wages. Based on estimates from our clients, we believe that Engineers paid on a salary plus bonus basis may be due over a thousand dollars per pay period of their employment if Nine Energy violated federal overtime law.
E. Nine Energy Lawsuit: Statute of Limitations Concerns
WARNING: Employees in federal overtime actions can only recover wages dating three years back from the date they file their consent in federal court in an unpaid wage lawsuit. Employees that do not timely file their consent in a federal wage action may lose money each and every day they fail to file their consent in federal court to join a federal overtime action.
F. Nine Energy Lawsuit: Case Information
Jack Siegel, J. Derek Braziel, and Travis Gasper represent the potential class of Pressure Control Operators in the Nine Energy Lawsuit. The Nine Energy Lawsuit is currently pending in the United States District Court for Western District of Texas, Midland Division, Case No.7:15-cv-00134-DC.
G. Nine Energy Overtime Lawsuit: Call Us
Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding the Nine Energy Lawsuit. You may give us a call us at 214.749.1400 or toll free at 866.949.1400. If you prefer, you can also email us:
Derek Braziel: Jdbraziel@l-b-law.com
Travis Gasper: Gasper@l-b-law.com
Jack Siegel: Jack@siegellawgroup.biz
All consultations are absolutely free.